"All that is sacred that surrounds me —
All that is sacred that flows through me —
I open myself;
I yield to you;
And I step fearlessly into the Wild.
I heed the calling of my heart —
to embrace the chaos,
to forge through the lush and tangled untamed
roots of my home.
Let my path lead me
I know my Gods will not lead me astray.
I have laid aside my worries and reluctance,
plunging straight ahead into complete transformation,
to let them lead me where they will.
Guide my path.
Remind me of my calling.”
—HPS Jessi, 6/1/14
Exciting things are on the horizon!
I have recently announced my decision to part ways with the Well of Shadows tradition. In the course of this parting of ways, Coven of the Tangled Pines has been stripped down to its core, and is ready to rebuild and be reborn - to forge and exciting new path.
Keep an eye on our blog and our other sites (linked to on the blog home page) for details as they unfold on our journey. If you would like to learn more, you can always message us!
COTP Winter Seeker Social
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Smyrna Bowling Center
95 Weakley Lane - Smyrna, TN 37167
Coven of the Tangled Pines holds a “Seeker Social” each season, and these are our main public events that seekers may attend. These are purely social events/parties where our focus is purely on meeting, interacting with, and getting to know those individuals who are potentially interested in future membership.
This winter, we’ll be getting together for bowling fun! We’ll hang out, chat about the coven, get to know each other, bowl (well or poorly!), eat greasy bowling alley snacks, and have a lot of fun!
Well of Shadows “Rit Raff”
March 1, 2014
Fred Deadman Park
Manchester, TN 37355
The next open Well of Shadows event - our winter/spring Rit Raff - will be hosted by Coven Ofthe Swaying Willows. “Rit Raff” stands for ritual and raffle, and it’s your opportunity to take part in an open ritual hosted by the Well of Shadows, and our opportunity to raffle off a few items to raise money for our tradition!
Well of Shadows Emergence 2014
April 18-20, 2014
Harrison Bay State Park
Join us for Well of Shadows’ 3rd Annual spring gathering - Emergence 2014! We’ll gather in the group camp of Harrison Bay State Park for a full weekend of ritual, workshops, and general Witchy fun and fellowship! Ticket prices will be extremely reasonable, and will be posted soon. Make plans now to join us!
1. Greek mythology: any of a group of sea nymphs (often portrayed as half human and half bird, and to a lesser extent, half human and half fish that lured mariners to destruction by their singing.
2. a woman regarded as seductive and beautiful, especially a dangerous woman; temptress.
3. a woman who sings with enchanting sweetness.
4. a) a device in which compressed air or steam is driven against a rotating perforated disk to create a loud, often wailing sound as a signal or warning. b) an electronic device producing a similar sound as a signal or warning.
5. any of several salamanders of the family Sirenidae, such as the mud eel, having an eellike body, permanent external gills, small forelegs, and no hind limbs.
Etymology: from Old French sereine, from Latin sīrēn, from Greek seirēn.